i got a ticket from the SPCA, now i need to get my dog registered and rabies shot, where can i do this?

also i need to do this befor i go to court on the matter..I dont want to take him(toby my dog) to the SPCA because he will freak out; thats where he almost lost his life, you know ! so i need another option ,if any one knows please help me and toby...thanx

Asked by Member 1021090 on Jan 28th 2011 Tagged spca, registration, rabies, court, locations in Animal Welfare

Answers

Jade

You can register toby with dog warden without your dog present. As for rabies shots- take him to the vet or find a rabies clinic in your area... usually the mobile free ones run in the summer time but there should be something around. Google it :)

Jade answered on 1/28/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Jazzy

rabies vaccines have to be given by a licensed veterinarian ONLY! The injection site of the rabies vaccine runs right along the femur and a lot of times ppl who are not experienced at all will scrape the needle against the femur bone (EXTREMELY PAINFUL) this is why a veterinarian needs to do it. Also veterinarians have to sign the receipt of the rabies vaccine and give a updated rabies tag. Registration usually happens over at the local animal shelter. So wherever animal control is located is where you need to register your dog.

Jazzy answered on 1/28/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rabies vaccines must be done by a Veterinarian.

The Tag goes on the dogs collar.

The paper certificate needs to go with you to the town clerks office where they will charge a small fee for the license.

Keep the paperwork in a safe place. All my dogs have a file with Vet records medication and vaccine as well as town license.

Have a long talk with the Vet about proper care for your dog - it's apparently overdue.
Take all papers and your notes on the Vet's talk to court with you.

Toby has no idea he was on "death row" at the ASPCA. It's where he met you, so he may have fond memories of the place. You are the one effected by the memory and are projecting it onto your dog. Let it go, he has a better life now.