I cannot get my 4 month old bloodhound housetrained. Been working with her for 2 months. Any suggestions? Tried everythi

Tried all the suggestions I've found online. Nothing is working. I don't know what else to do.

Asked by Member 1158022 on Mar 5th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Be consistent and patient. Some dogs take a little longer than 4 months to figure it out. Take the dog every hour on the hour to the potty spot. Praise and give the pup 3 liver treats. Make sure you clean all mistakes with an enzymatic cleaner like nature's miracle and a black light (to make sure it is all gone) Watch her like a hawk when she is inside (keep her tethered to you or have her in her crate with a filled kong when you can not watch her.)

Sandy

A vet visit could rule out any urinary problems like uti's. I have an Italian greyhound and they r notoriously difficult to house train and if I take him out every 2 hours he does not have accidents.

Sandy answered on 3/7/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer