I am being given a Brazilian Mastiff and I am wondering what brand of food is good for the Mastiffs, how often do you fe

Asked by Member 1126816 on Aug 21st 2012 Tagged feedingofmastiffs in Pet Food

Answers

Jake

Adult Brazilian Mastiffs grow to be about 60-80lbs when standard. For most breeds a good rule of thumb is about 3% of their OPTIMUM weight per day. So if you have a standard male that would be about 2.4lbs per day.

As for what to feed them, avoid any brands that use grains in the ingredients. Although if you are willing, the healthiest diet is one of raw meat.

-Ryan
barkingorders.net

Jake answered on 8/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ikan

I would look into feeding a food that is made for large breed dogs. I know Nutro makes food for bigger digs and their special needs including ingredients to help out with joint care. Something you want to look for with a bigger dog

Ikan answered on 8/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Look into feeding Solid Gold Wolf King, that's a great food for large breed dogs. Learn more about Solid Gold at www.solidgoldhealth.com