NICHOLAS.

i am a step from losing my mind.

my puppy is 4 months old, he's a freedom bulldog. (half boston terrier & half french bulldog) & i swear he hates me. it's my first pet, ever. & i think i had it built up in my mind that we would just hug & cuddle & hang out & we would be best friends. all he does is bite me. i understand he's a puppy & he's teething & what not, but ALL he is does is bite me. if he's not sleeping or eating, he bites THE HELL out of me. i have tried EVERYTHING - & i mean EVERYTHING to get him to stop & nothing will. i am at my breaking point. he seems so much more aggressive since he was neutered. i don't know what to do :( i cry, a lot. i am so frustrated.

Asked by NICHOLAS. on Apr 15th 2013 Tagged biting, breakingpoint in Behavior & Training

Answers

Dozer

I hope it is not to late for you & your puppy. I just seen your posting. I think you should call a prof. dog trainer & get help. At 4 months old a pup should know better than to put it's teeth on you IF you have taught it to not do that. Since you said you have tried everything, I would say it is time to call in a trainer. Good luck.

Dozer answered on 5/18/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Grover

My puppy went through a phase where he wanted to chew on me. Each time he put his mouth on me I would yelp, like another puppy would do if he was too rough, and it helped. We started doing that as soon as we got him though, right at 8 weeks. He did get kind of mouthy when he was teething between 4 and 5 months especially. Yelping and pulling my hand away every single time helped a lot and he doesn't ever try it anymore. But you have to be 100% consistent. A puppy doesn't understand "sometimes" they only understand all or nothing.

Grover answered on 5/28/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ch. Lyric Hunterhill Navajo (K

When your puppy is biting try a firm "No" and set him on the floor and walk away. After a few minutes--5 to 10 minutes--pick him up again. If and when he starts to bite do the same thing, a firm "No" and set him down on the floor. He should get the idea soon that biting is not allowed and he will not get your affection when he bites. You will have to continue this method for some time because your puppy is young and will forget. Every time he bites tell him no and put him down. He will get the idea. Be consistent, always.

Ch. Lyric Hunterhill Navajo (K answered on 6/29/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer