I adopted an aussie 4 days ago. He still isnt eating..what can i do?

i gave him a can of soft food over top his dry food and he just ate the wet and moved on. other then that thats all he has eaten!

Asked by Member 1063364 on Oct 14th 2011 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Starbutt

get puppy food it has more in it you can try the dry first it is better for a dog to eat dry then canned all the time. I sit with my dogs who don't eat I hand feed them but I go closer and closer to the dish until they are eating from the dish I continue to stay till all is gone. I do this every time till they are eating right from the dish on their own yes I have a lot of time on my hands.

Rhayden

I say puppy food because I think it taste better I don't know about feeling the dog puppy food all the time it has more calories so if you dog is not active it would make them fat and a obeast dog is not a healthy dog, but lets not get into this now. I am sure he will eat the puppy food

Starbutt answered on 10/14/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Alikazam

You don't give any info on the Aussie. How old is it did it have a vet check is it active,drinking, going potty. I recommend a vet check the dog could be sick. It is possible it is just scared or doesn't like the food. You can boil some chicken and make rice to feed. If it is a puppy maybe it wasnt weaned properly and needs some help learning to eat solid food. There are just too many variables to give a good answer.

Alikazam answered on 10/14/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer