I adopted a min dachshund. His vet and I think he was beaten by an older couple. He is afraid of about everything. He h

He was very afraid of everything even plastic or paper grocery sacks. He is starting to play with some toys but still not much. He didn't know about raw hides eithrr. He is 2 years old and would like him to be happier and not so scared when we go out. I have a 10 year mini doxie also that has been sharing and giving toys to Oscar. He has welcomed the Oscar so rivalry. Need advice desperately.

Asked by Member 1151479 on Jan 23rd 2013 Tagged fearfulofpeopleandanimals in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Tiara

I took in this little girl and she was also abused. The ower before me tossed her off a roof. When she came to live with us, she had a bad temper and would try to bite us. But with a bit of love and attention, we were able to calm her down. She still has a few things that scare her, we just try to be careful with them when she is around. It took about three months until she felt comfortable around us enough to relax. Time is the key here. Good luck and do not feel bad if you have a few bad days along the way.

Tiara answered on 1/23/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer