I adopted a 10 yr old mini schnauzer. I have had her for 2 years and she has never warmed up to me.

She does not play with toys, chases my cats, never seems excited to see me or wag her tail or get excited at all except when she knows she is going for a walk. She use to sit in the corner and hang her head but that is getting better. How can I help her be happy?

Asked by Member 1192573 on Oct 2nd 2013 in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

This is the dog equivalent of a senior citizen. She needs time, toys, food and love. Give the cats more climbing spaces, and be thankful that you brought in an older terrier, or there would be a lot more hissing. She is blending in as another cat in your home, which is a great way for her to fit in with them, so let her go with it. Try making grooming time enjoyable (maybe she likes to be brushed?) which can save you some $ too. Find a favorite treat that she likes to motivate her to learn a trick or two, like a Greenie. Best advice: be more patient; she'll eventually come around (baby steps)! ^_^

Pineapple Smushface answered on 1/30/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer