Comet (RIP)

How to stop the evil biting flies?

I know this happens to a lot of dogs but I'm just curious as to how to get rid of them. I looked up the flies off cream but my mom doesnt want to spend $14 to pay for it. Also if I put cream on his ears he'll probably find a way to take it off or his sister will lick it off. We actually showerd him today and yet the flies went to attack. Any suggestions?

Asked by Comet (RIP) on Jul 10th 2012 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

sparky

u can try skin so soft by avon. keeps mosquitos , fleas n tick away so it may work

sparky answered on 7/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Try tucking a Bounce dryer sheet in his collar. You can lightly rub him with it first, then just tuck it in. Works for mosquitoes & blackflies..not sure about deer or horseflies.

Starbutt

dawn is to kill fleas I hear I need to give my dog a bath I will tell you if it helps.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 7/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Buddy

Go to the pet store and buy some anti-flea and tick shampoo and bathe or shower him again. I would reccomend to bathe him, though, for two reasons. 1.By sitting in the tub with the drain closed, the fleas will be more likely to drown if you keep the water in. 2.You tried showering before, with no avail. Your last resort would be to go to a vet, which I would do right away if he has lots and lots of fleas on him. If so, go to a vet immediately, because in that case I would consider this an emergancy. Hope this helps.

Buddy answered on 7/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer