Sparky

How to stop my puppy from chewing wires and digging in the backyard.

We have a 4 month old lab mix puppy we leave outside during the day from 8:00 to 3:00. He just started to dig and chew up waires and I am afraid he might get electracuted. My stepdad will just let him out of his crate, so we can;t crate him, and I tried talking to ym stepdad, but he said no. What else can we do to stop him??

Asked by Sparky on Jan 7th 2009 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Dixie

Mommy just got 2 Border Collies last week and they are 8 weeks old. Mommy stays at home during the day, and caught the babies chewing on the TV wires and the computer wires. So, today, our daddy bought some PVC pipe and put the wires in there so the babies can't get to them. Both she and daddy were afraid that the babies would hurt themselves.
As for the digging, mommy gave us a lot of toys to play with when we are outside. Sometimes Claire will still dig, so mommy puts a block over the spot Claire has been digging and when Claire relizes she doesn't want to dig in that spot, mommy picks up the block and Claire forgets about digging there.

Dixie answered on 1/7/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

jingles

Hi, I'm really not sure about the chewing of wires, but my brother was a digger and my parents would but his waste in the hole and then fill it back up. Believe it or not it stopped him from digging. Hope this helps Jingles

jingles answered on 1/7/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer