how to stop my 2 male dogs from fighting all the time

I have a jack russell 4 yrs old and a lakeland terrier cross 2 yrs old also female labrador she is 13 yrs old, the two dogs have been together since the lakeland was a puppy and never had a problem until about a month or so ago now they literally want to kill each other so i have had to keep them muzzled most of the time has it seems to deter them from fighting most of the time but not always but at least they cant hurt each other with these on but i need to resolve the situation because it's not fair keeping the muzzles on all the time, i do take them off but then have to seperate the dogs so they dont fight which tends to make things worse when i put them back on and they try fighting with muzzles on please help me i dont want the worse to happen because i love them both

Asked by Member 562285 on Jan 24th 2008 Tagged terriers, fighting, household, agression, dominance in Aggression

Answers

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

If your dogs are not altered then alter them. Give them 10 days to heal and find yourself a GOOD behaviorist in your area! Don't just call one place to get a behaviorist name call a bunch of Vets in your area and go with the most reccommended.
GOOD LUCK Teriers love to cause trouble!

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on 1/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sounds like somepup's trying to be the "boss!" Are either of them neutered? If not, it'd be a good idea to do so. Though that will not necessarily stop the behavior.

One dog is trying to be "top dog" and the other is trying to get or keep that rank.

Any behaviorists out there?????