How to find a lost dogs owner!?

I found a puppy in my neiborhood. I went around asking if it belonged to anyone but had no luck! I dont know where or how to find her owner/owners. I posted it at petsmart and put up a few found dog flyers but still...NO LUCK! Can i have a couple tips on what else I can do please?
The FOUND DOG is the AUTHOR!

Asked by Member 872381 on Nov 26th 2009 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

frist call the pound/shelters in your area to see if anyone is looking for a dog like the one you found.

I used "Dog Detective" in the past. I see they have been acquired by this other company, here is the site:

www.fidofinder.com

If you cannot locate the owner, try yo figure out the breed(s) and contact a rescue group.

Take the dog to a vet or a shelter and have it scanned for a microchip! If it has one, then you can contact the microchip company and find the owner that way.

Maxi

Having it scanned for a microchip is good as is calling your local shelter to see if anyone has reported a lost pet. Also, advertise in a few local papers as well. Good luck I hope the pup finds it's home.
He is lucky someone caring like you found him.

Maxi answered on 11/27/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer