How to change foods with out makeing my puppy sick?

I'm feeding sinice dite right now but I want to start feeding blue buffelo. Its the same price at pet smart and I have read blue buffelo is alot better food???

Asked by Member 758309 on Aug 18th 2010 Tagged siniceditevsbluebuffelo in Pet Food

Answers

Daisy

Blue is a really great food and I hope it works for you. Proper transition is done over about a week. 75% old and 25% new for the 1st 2 days then 50/50 over the next two days then 75% new and 25% old over day 5 and 6 then the 7th day all new. I sometimes give low fat plain yogurt to my dogs when making a transition the probiotics are really good for digestion and helps if you get runny poops.

Daisy answered on 8/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

depends on your dog's system how a food agrees.
switch 50/50 with old food until it is gone then the switch should be better.
I don't necessarily think BB is better, but that is up to you to decide which one is best for you and your dog. good luck

Maverick

Switch very slowly over at least a week. Mainly the old with a little new for a couple days, than half and half for a few more days, than mostly new with a little old! 100% canned pumpkin is a good way to help firm things up too. Just a tablespoon or two should do the trick! Every dog does differently on every food so its hard to say which food is best for Daisy. I have one dog who does great on Ultra and another that does best on Natural Choice Herring Meal because Ultra is to rich for him. It all depends on that particular dog. Good luck on the transition and be patient.

Maverick answered on 8/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer