How should I prepare for my dogs birth?

My dog is about to give birth in like 3 weeks or so and I ALREADY KNOW I am kind of irresponsible. But I REALLY need your help, so does Roxy and her puppies.

Asked by Member 769709 on Mar 1st 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers

Dante

You should take her to the vet and the vet can walk you through how to prepare, what to watch out for, and what to do afterwards. This really is ideal because the vet can tell you what your chances are for needing a c-section and can discuss possible complications with you. They can also do an ultrasound so you can know how many puppies to expect. Yes, you are irresponsible and should leave breeding to professionals that are more qualified. Please have your dog spayed!

Dante answered on 3/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If you're not taking your dog to the vet because of money, you'll regret it if something happens to the pups and your dog. Take her to the vet or the e.r. vet and let them help you. You can work out a payment plan. They won't turn you away.
If you're really as worried as it seems, you'd take your dog to a vet instead of waiting around on this site, hour after hour for some kind of advice that may not help you. Get a professional involved immediately.

You need to take her to a vet & get some advise there on what to do...Here is a group you can join with many many responsible & experienced breeders to ask & please home the pups on spay & neuter contracts & fix your dog after the pups are weened!
pets.groups.yahoo.com

Here's an article:
www.chelsea

You may want to have her give birth at the vet's office, especially if you've never acted as a midwife to a dog before. That way, if a complication does come up, she'll be right among people who know exactly how to help.

You could get an abort-spay done too, if you wish.

Best of luck.