T-Bone

How much money does a Puggle cost?

Asked by T-Bone on Feb 9th 2010 in Breeds

Answers

Hailey May

It would depend on where you're getting him/her. I'd say probably anywhere from free to $250 dollars. Here's a link to some that are $200 dollars. springfieldmo.kijiji.com But then again thats probably isn't where you live. So it would all depend. You can go to www.KiJiJi.com or www.PuppyFind.com or you could probably google it in your area. And sometimes you can find people giving them away in the news paper or something. Good luck!!

Hailey May answered on 2/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

They shouldn't cost much more than an adoption fee as they are a mutt... Or to put it nicely, a mixed breed. If they were bred by a BYB, then i'd say they should be free.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 2/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Misha

Hi there!

Our family has a puggle, and her name is Misha. We paid about $350 for her. That's about what breeders charge.(well, that's what our's charged)
The thing about puggles is it's anways different, depending on the breeder, or if you rescue a puggle.
For example, a puggle for one breeder might be $500, but for another it might be $200. It all depends.
If, you rescue a puggle, it may be less.
One thing is for sure, whatever you pay, it sure is worth it! Puggles are great dogs!

Misha answered on 2/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree they should not cost much, but they give them a fancy name and they can get away with charging more then they really should. I would check the shelters arond you and see if you can rescue one.

Pug Beagle mixes are in all the area shelters and they only will cost you the adoption fee, which in most cases, will include vaccinations and neutering. Just because they have a fancy name SHOULD NOT mean they cost a fancy price. If you are paying more than $50 or $75, you should make sure that includes vaccinations, a health certificate and copies of pre-breeding health testing done on each parent.

K-10 Von Canein

Bam BAM Hit it on the money. There are millions of dogs in shelters, and every day a large percentage of them get put down. Why would you wanna spend alot on a puggle, when there are millions of dogs begging for a home before their time at a shelter runs out?

K-10 Von Canein answered on 2/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If you want one from a puppy mill or byb, then they normally charge about 900-2000$.
Oh, and that doesn't include veterinary care, food, toys, etc... It also doesn't cover the heartache that it will cost you when the dog dies young due to poor breeding.
You can find them at the shelter for around 50-250. Most of the time it includes spay/neuter, shots, veterinary care, and sometimes even toys, food, or other useful dog stuff.
A Pug Beagle cross is considered a mutt. It's not worth that much, nor should it be.
I hope you take them time to look in the pounds and shelters if you consider a "Puggle". Also, try to stay off of PuppyFind.com and Kijiji. I would say 99% of them are either puppy mills or BYBs trying to make a quick buck by selling sick puppies.
Good Luck~ Rosie

Puggles, like any dog, mixed breed, mutt or purebred, are very cute.

Sadly, I've seen dozens in shelters since their rise to popularity a few years back.

I'd know you didn't ask for advice about adopting, but if you're considering getting one, I'd recommend shelter-shopping or contacting a pug rescue in your area. You're more likely to get a dog who is less expensive and you save not only THAT dog from a lonely death in the shelter, but because you adopted, you make room for another dog at the shelter.

Lucy

my little Lucy was only $50. Best $50 i ever spent!

Lucy answered on 2/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer