How much money do you usually charge for dog walking?

I am trying to do some dog walking in my neighborhood and we have tuns of dogs, but i don't know how much i should be charging

Asked by Member 643140 on Jun 13th 2008 Tagged howmuch, money, walking in The Dogster Website

Answers

When i did that i charged $1.00 per dog! Thanks!
*Makayla!
Hope I helped! For really small dogs i $.50 cents but its really up to what they'll pay i guess! If I walked the dog(s) for 1 hour i would charge $1.50 and if they wanted they could give me a tip which most did! Later! BUT they will have to trust you! They trusted me! But i think they should trust you! If your a kid i think you might have to bring a older person with you because they might not trust a kid with a dog on the street! Good Luck!
*makayla

Obie

I used to do it for £2 an hour for big dogs and £1 an hour for small dogs.

Obie answered on 6/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Are you going to do this as a business (professional dog walker) or are you going to do this just to be nice to your neighbors? Will you have any "overhead" costs such as insurance to make sure that your clients are protected should something happen to their pets while they are in your care?

In my area, dog walkers charge an average of $15 for half an hour of walking. Some charge more and some charge less. These are folks that are insured as professional dog walkers / pet sitters, though.