Loki

How much food should I be feeding my Mini Australian Shepard puppy? He is about 3 months old

Asked by Loki on Nov 2nd 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

It would depend on the kind of dog food you feed. They are not created equal. There is a guide on the bag that is meant only as a guide. You can start there. If he doesn't eat it all in about 10 minutes, then I would cut it back. You also want to watch that he doesn't get too fat. Being an over weight pup is not good for the joints. If he seems to lose weight, then you need to increase the food. If your still confused about the amount, then I would start at about a cup 1/2 cup 2x a day. You will have to adjust that to accommodate whether he needs to lose weight or gain weight. Good Luck!

Jace

The advice above sounds good. Just wanted to add that if you got him from a breeder you could ask their recommendation. Also, he is super cute!!!

Jace answered on 11/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

About the best thing you can do is just go by the weight of the dog on the back of the bag, and just adjust up or down on if the dog is getting to heavy or wants more to eat.