Gixer

how much does it cost to get a 5 pound puppy neutered?

Asked by Gixer on Jan 19th 2009 in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Depends on the vet. Some charge an arm and a leg, others charge cheaper. In my experience, price is about $60 and up. Some humane societies do it for free, I believe.
Personally, I don't believe in spaying or neutering a dog any younger than 1 year. Spaying them earlier can effect their growth.

MACH ADCH Lilliana TQX

Depends on where you go. Since you live in Arizona you might be eligible for the Big Fix spay / neuter voucher program in Maricopa county www.maricopa.gov , which gives you a coupon for a free spay / neuter by specific vets or mobile trucks. It may take about 6 weeks, instead of the 2 weeks the internet claims due to the backlog. They limit the coupons given out each month.

Other alternatives are a vets office which can tally upwards of $250 depending on the services you include and that may not include complications. The Human Society has a fixed site and mobile truck spay options. Those are much more reasonable, costing around $70 for a puppy your size, with some optional add ons (meds, e collar, chip). They are usually done on a first come, first serve basis.

I was spayed at the Humane Society mobile truck and didn't have any complications, just a little swollen on one part of incision that has gone away. They did shave a lot of hair, though!

MACH ADCH Lilliana TQX answered on 1/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer