How Much Are Pitbull/German Shepherd Mix Puppies Worth ?

Asked by Member 1054327 on Sep 9th 2011 in Puppies

Answers

You can adopt them at an animal shelter for pretty low depending on where you go. I'm assuming these mixed breed puppies' parents did not have proper genetic health tests, like OFA or CERF, or were bred for a specific purpose, so basically they are worth what someone is willing to give you for them. $50? To the owner who will love and cherish their dog, they will be priceless to them, as they should be. But breeding is not a business and anyone trying to make it as such is not doing it right.

About the cost of the shots and health certificate you give them before selling them... usually $50 or so. Even giving them away without those vaccinations and health certificates, you are most likely breaking your state laws since most laws require pups to be 8 weeks old and vaccinated and with a health certificate prior to placement.
Giving them away OR selling them, it doesn't matter in most states... pups must be 8 weeks of age and vaccinated and seen by a veterinarian.

Becca

If one looks back through the Lineage of any Dog, they will find a Mix. Those "mixes" are intentional, strictly controlled, and thusly the products are called Pure Breeds.

It's just like baking a Cake, either you got it right or you didn't.

Animals, which are casually or accidentally bred, are rarely worth anything beyond the value placed by an individual, based usually on sentimentalities.

The PB/GSD mix you refer probably does not have much value.

Becca answered on 9/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

the "worth" of any dog is simply what people are willing to pay for it... in this case, probably not much. There is sadly little demand for this type of dog; plain-looking, large, and energetic. You might even have to give them away for free or take them to a shelter.

If you're looking to BUY a pit/shepherd mix puppy, RUN AWAY from anyone who's selling them for any more than the cost of shots/worming and vet check... likely around 50-100 dollars. Shelters usually charge more than that, like 100-300 dollars, BUT they almost always include spay/neuter surgery and microchip indentification with that, which makes up the difference.

You can find some at rescue groups and animal shelters. How much they charge depends upon which one. Rescue groups charge more than shelters, usually. But their prices are not based on the breed, since they are the same for any dog. They may vary based on age.

A trick people trying to sell puppies often use is to give their mixed breed puppies a name that is a combination of the two breed names and show them off as something special (for lack of better word), but that's dishonest if you ask me.

I'm not trying to seem disrespectful here so please don't take this wrong, but in my opinion I'm just not going to pay a ton for a mixed breed. The only reason I'd even pay a lot for a purebred is because a good breeder put a lot of money into the dogs (health testing and other expenses), not necessarily because it's a purebred. (You can find purebreds in rescues and animal shelters, too.) Responsible breeders often put thousands into making sure that they breed only the healthiest and soundest dogs. Maybe I want a dog for competition events such as Agility. In that case buying from a responsible breeder would probably be the best bet.
(That said there are people breeding mixed breeds who put as much into their dogs as well.)

Anyways, enough babbling. If you're trying to sell puppies, I'd base the price at whatever you put into caring for them.

Look at shelters and rescues in your area for a Pit Bull/German Shepherd mix. I bet you will find a TON of them there, especially Pit Bull mixes. Adoption fees vary, but they are usually around anywhere between $25 - $200 dollars. Do your research on Pit Bulls and German Shepherds before adopting them. I recommend Pit Bulls and GSD's (German Shepherd Dogs) for highly experienced owners only that know what they are doing, know the breed and have the time for the breed.