Mickee

How many times a day does a 4-month-old shih tzu need to poo?

My dog eats 1/3 cups of dog food 3 times daily. When we have walks sometimes he will poo on the streets but before he does that I will carry him so that I will not have anything to clean. Then I will walk him home so that he can poo there but when we get home he does not poo anymore.

Asked by Mickee on May 15th 2009 Tagged poo, months, shihtzu in Health & Safety

Best Answer

Not really a set amount. Once a day, or even once in two days, is fine. If he goes for longer than that without pooping, then there is cause for concern. Unless there is a medical problem preventing him from doing so, he'll poop whenever he needs to.

Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011) answered on May 15th.

Answers

It's pretty normal for a dog to poo or pee while on a walk so I would take some doggie bags with me. If he's eating 3 times a day, it's safe to say he will probably poop 3 times a day. I have a Pit puppy who also eats 3 times a day and she goes just as much. This might sound gross but if you ever go work out at the gym or just go on a jog, have you ever noticed that you suddenly have the urge to go? That's because your body is working double time, your heart is pumping blood to all the cells that need it and your digestive system is working too to help get rid of food you might have in your stomach. Not to mention you get to burn fat too but that's the concept of why your pup has to poo while on a walk.