How many dogs can I own in Oklahoma City? I currently have 2 adult dogs.

I have a 6 yr old rottie and a 1 year old rottie mix. I'd like a third dog if allowed legally.

Asked by Member 828803 on Apr 21st 2009 in Laws & Legislation

Answers

i have heard that you can have as many animals as you want but only on certain acres.if you have 1 acre or under you can have 5 dogs if you have 1.5 acres then you can have 6-12 dogs and if you have 3-3.5 acres you can have 20-25 dogs if you have over 5 to 6 acres you can have how ever many you want to.thats the law.but i have alot of dogs and we own 2 acres.

Theodore aka Teddy  **CGC**

It generally depends on your town's or county's ordinances. I would call animal control, as they most likely would know the answer to this. Another way to get this information is to contact your town hall as they would have a copy of all the bylaws and ordinances for your area. Good luck!

Theodore aka Teddy **CGC** answered on 4/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Porscha

I dont think there is a limit in Oklahoma City, my friend lives in Oklahoma City and she shows dogs and she has 6 dogs. So i think you are ok to have 3.

Hope this helps! :)

Porscha answered on 4/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer