HOW LONG IS A DOG PREGNANT FOR?

I GOT AN 8-9 MONTH OLD PITBULL MIX N SHE IS IN HEAT N SHE DONE IT WITH 2 DOGS IN THE PAST 4 DAYS...HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE UNTIL SHE GIVES BIRTH?

Asked by Member 621440 on Sep 7th 2008 in Pregnancy

Best Answer

Normal gestation is usually 60 to 65 days. However, this depends on how healthy the bitch is and if both her and the male were properly tested. Dogs should NEVER HAVE PUPPIES BEFORE THEY ARE TWO YEARS OLD. Dogs cannot be properly health tested until that age. Take her to your vet today and have an abort/spay surgery done. There are SO many complications that can happen, even in dogs who are old enough and properly health tested. Having a litter of puppies is very expensive, and should only happen to people who are responsible breeders. Having said that your dog is a mix, and that she was bred with multiple dogs, it is my assumption that you and your dog do not fit that criteria. Don't take the chance of risking your dog's life - she is just a baby herself.

Sergeant answered on Sep 8th.

Answers

63 days

approx. 63 days.
If you don't know the basics of dog breeding then I am sure you will get a lot of important info. at this site:
www.woodhavenlabs.com

63 days...
This was done purposely? If so...it concerns me that you would breed your dog without knowing anything about it. You need lots of research before you breed her, not after. You need(ed) to know how to care for puppies, how to supervise the dogs when mating (because they can get injured without supervision), and many things.
You'll need this article:
www.chelsea

It's not too late to get a "morning after" shot at the vet's. If you decide not to, then fine. Please do your research next time!
I sound snappy, but dog breeding is my field of interest, so I'm very passionate about it. I'm a breeder "in training", currently going through several years of study. I've studied off and on for about 3 years so far. You won't believe the ethics involved. Learn about them at my website:
cookiemiller.tripod.com

TK, CGC

good lord. Have some responsibility, would you? There is so much wrong with your PUPPY pit bull breeding on her FIRST HEAT.... I feel sorry for you dog.

TK, CGC answered on 9/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer