How long do yellow labs live till. My dog is a 11. but can you tell me how old yellow lab live up to

Asked by Member 559910 on Jan 18th 2008 in Labrador Retriever

Answers

Riley

I think it really depends on the dogs health and heredity. I've known of labs that have lived to be 16 years old.

Riley answered on 1/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The average life span for Labrador Retrievers is between 10 and 14 years of age. That isn't to say dogs can't live longer than that. They certainly can.

It all really depends upon genetics. I think Labrador mixes tend to live longer than the purebreds- but that is just a personal observation.

Eleven years old is pretty old for a Lab, be glad that you have had that much time to spend with her/him! Some Labrador Retrievers will only live to be eight, some will live to be seventeen... but the average lifespan of a healthy Lab is from ten to fourteen years of age.

Keep your Lab as healthy as possible! Brush his/her teeth every day with a special dog toothbrush and dog toothpaste. Exercise your dog every day in moderation to keep his/her heart strong and working. Don't let it become overweight- keep it on a good brand of food and maybe even start him/her on a glucosimine supplement:

www.drsfostersmith.com

And offer LOTS of love and affection. ALL dogs need that.

Ellie

We had two male black labs before Ellie.
One lived to be almost 14 and the other 12. I usally see labs about 14-13.
Enjoy your lab while you can. They are great animals.

Ellie answered on 1/19/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer