How long before a puppy feels better on antibiotics?

I just adopted a puppy from the humane society and they spayed her. She started throwing up today and wasn't very interactive so I took her to the vet. She had a very high fever and they think an infection. They gave her antibiotics for it, but they said to give it with her food. My problem is that she won't eat anything. How long before the antibiotics are supposed to kick in and she starts feeling better? I just got her so I'm not really sure how long is normal before she should show signs of feeling better.

Asked by Member 1107873 on Apr 26th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

I have had my dogs respond in as little as a few hours to days, it depends on whats wrong and how sick they were. If you have them on meds you're headed in the right direction.