Buffy

How long after microchip for spot flea/tick treatment?

Hi, Buffy just got microchipped in the past week and she is due for her Frontline Plus this week. I was wondering if I have to wait a certain amount of time before putting Frontline on her. I can't find answers on either the Frontline or microchip web site.

The chip site doesn't seem sore or swollen - actually I can't even find where it was injected but I'm assuming it's around the same spot as where the Frontline goes. She is just about 6 months old and about 23 lbs. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Asked by Buffy on Jul 19th 2010 Tagged microchip, frontline in Flea & Tick Prevention

Answers

I would check with a vet first or have them apply the frontline for you. Usually the chip is up a little higher on the neck. the frontline goes between the shoulders. The chip wasn't inserted inbetween the shoulders.
I apply the frontline as the dog stands so it forms in the shoulders. That way it won't drip down or up by the chip site.
the chip is inserted by a needle which is a very tiny spot in the nap of the neck.
good luck