Lady Ivana (Porscha) Pierrah

How good are the pictures with Santa at PetSmart?

I am taking my dog this weekend to get her photo taken with Santa at PetSmart. I want to know if any of you have done this and are the pictures good quality? Do they look professional?

Asked by Lady Ivana (Porscha) Pierrah on Dec 8th 2007 Tagged photos, santa, petsmart, pictures in U.S. Southeast

Answers

It really, really depends on your Petsmart location and who is doing the photos.

Most of the Petsmart "pictures with Santa" are sponsored / run by local rescues inside the store, so the quality really varies. At our local Petsmart, you basically get a Polaroid of your dog sitting on Santa's lap. Others may have a higher quality set up and better photographers.

We had pictures taken at a local mall last year. They had a special "pictures with Santa" day during which dogs were allowed inside the mall in the evening for the photos. It was sponsored by a rescue as well and the proceeds were going to the rescue. (It was expensive, too.) The pictures were okay. Nothing to write home about but when you have x amount of dogs waiting in line and lots of stuff going on, even the best photographer may not manage making your dog look good in the picture.

Reesy

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you don't mind a small polaroid photo. For me it was a waste of time and money. I would only do it again, if like the above poster said all the proceeds were going to charity.

Reesy answered on 12/8/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Leelou

Leelou and Giorgio had their picture taken at Petsmart with Santa. The group was the Greyhound Rescue and the proceeds to to the group.
This is the link to the pic:

www.dogster.com

Leelou answered on 12/8/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ginger Smiles Primm

We just got back now! Ours came with a great frame and santa looked OK. Last year the pics were beter. $10 got 2 pics last year with drunk santa. This year same price w beter frame but 1 pic. $5 went to greyhound rescue. Ginger Who LOVES Santy and its her fav. toy was so excited to see Santy and as soon as she laid eyes on him was petrified beyond beliefe. She was vibrateing she was shaking so bad. But we have a puppy pic of all our pups so its a tradition. Worth it.

Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 12/8/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer