Higgins

How do you stop a neutered dog from humping with erections

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me before my mom bans me from the dog park. I'm a neutered 1 year old who is normally very submissive but for some reason at the dog park I have to hump shaggy haired dogs. Not all of them and only ones with shaggy fur, it doesn't matter if they are submissive or aggressive. I'm very hyper and listen pretty good. I'll do anything for a stick. But every once in a while I get a scent of a certain dog and I have to hump them (erection and all) and nothing stops me until mom finally tackles me and puts my gentle lead on and takes me home. She's getting very frustrated because she wants me to stay submissive, is there any advice.

Thanks,

Higgins

Asked by Higgins on Mar 21st 2009 Tagged humping, pointer, erection, neutered in Socialization

Answers

Hi - You know , this is normal behavior... Sorry, you can work on him with Clicker training. Go here to the all experts site :
they may be able to help .
I love the name Higgens!!!

www.allexperts.com

( do a search on behavior training clickers)
YOU can ask the experts a question for free...

Food experts:
see the dog food reviews here:
www.allexperts.com

I would suggest possibly keeping your dog out of the dog park until you have this situation resolved. I have seen many dogs get their hackles up when another dog tries to mount them. Would hate to see your baby get hurt.
Good luck to you.