How do you ask the person to do IM?

Everytime I click the IM tab, it gives me the list of pals online. I click the one that says, I'm Online! and nothing happens.

Asked by Member 653400 on Jul 25th 2008 Tagged im, friends, talk in Instant Messaging

Answers

you have to click on the words im online, not your pals picture. then a box comes up and you choose your auther which is Princess, then check the box below that and then hit start chatting. start typing your message and hit send. then it's up to your pal to respond back. either they don't want to chat or they are not available. keep trying. sooner or later someone will answer you.

Shandi *Oct 2006 - Aug 2012*

When you go to your list of online friends you have to click on the red I'm Online words underneath the picture. Sometimes the IM window takes a little while to come up so just be patient. Sometimes it doesnt work the first time so click it again.

Shandi *Oct 2006 - Aug 2012* answered on 7/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ozzie

Do you have a pop-up blocker on or anything? I'm not sure but that might block the IM window when YOU try to open it, I know it gives you the option when someone else tries to IM you. Click the red "I'm Online" link to IM someone. If no one responds it might be because they're offline. It takes 10 minutes for the IM status for someone to change to "Recently Online" when they leave. Or they could have a pop-up blocker on and rejecting IMs because they don't want any or something. Just keep trying

Ozzie answered on 8/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer