ALI

how do i train my older dog(she is 10) to use a wee wee pad? she tends to have to pee in the middle of the night and p

how do i train my older dog(she is 10) to use a wee wee pad? she tends to have to pee in the middle of the night and paces for me to of course take her. I thought a wee wee pad would be best for these late late night needs, I put it in one spot insode and she looked at it and walked away. I took it outside and put it under her when she pee'd outside and she walked away. I need help on how to let her know it is ok to use it and even what it is... HELP!!

Asked by ALI on Oct 6th 2008 Tagged health, training, olderdog, weeweepad in Behavior & Training

Answers

Phoebe Whebe

Hi
I have a couple of dogs around that age and i have discovered that what helps them to go on it is a special formula called "Housebreaker". You can find it in any pet store. You put a few drops of "Housebreaker" on the pad, place your pup on it, and hopefully she will pee! It worked with my dogs, hopefully with yours.

Good Luck

Phoebe Whebe answered on 10/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer