How do I stop my dog from peeing on the corner of my bed and why is he doing this?

5years old, male, miniature american eskimo. Completely house trained, but just recently started peeing on only 1 corner of my bed and no where else in the house.

Asked by Member 994615 on Jun 28th 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Brooklyn

Is he fixed? He could be marking. If he hasn't done it before they it could be that there is a new girl dog in the neighborhood. Or is could be that your bed smells so much like you that he is either peeing as a dominance gesture or he could miss you. Have you been gone more lately or have you cut back on play time or walks he could be trying to get your attention. Male will start making for a number of reasons but it is likely something has changed that you might not have realized and he is acting out because of it.

Brooklyn answered on 6/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gracie

Have you tried profiling your dog on thedogprofiler.com? Seems there are several reasons for peeing, including dominance *and* submissiveness. If you understand the root cause, you will get to the right solution and thedogprofiler would help refine the undelying cause and then show you some suggested advice. Good luck.

Gracie answered on 6/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer