How do I stop my dog biting

3 weeks ago I bought a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and she doesn't stop biting me, she is getting stronger and today drew blood.
I tell her off but she still doesn't listen to me. I feel bad telling her off too because I think she is only playing?
I don't know what to do!

Asked by Member 1172923 on May 31st 2013 Tagged puppy, biting, kingcharlesspaniel in Chewing

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

Hi, you need to learn more about dogs... puppies teethe. You need to provide chewing toys and not "tell her off" for doing something normal. You can teach her not to bite, but that is different than not giving her anything to chew on (like a bone or teethers) and then unfairly disciplining her. Read a puppy training book and provide plenty of stimulation, because teething puppies (and pups in general) can be destructive when left bored or for long periods of time unsupervised. ^_^

Pineapple Smushface answered on 2/22/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer