How do I stop my 4 year old Yorkie from peeing in the house when our other male dog is around?

My 4 year old male Yorkie was my first pet and is neutered. We then got a female American Bulldog 2 years ago, which he took to okay. Then in Sept 2008 we got another American Bulldog, but this one is male, and NOT neutered. My Yorkie has never really liked him, but just this last month my yorkie is now peeing in all these random places he never did before - on the bed, the couch, the floor... even when our male AB is not around. I can't get him to stop. Oh and the male AB is NEVER upstairs, only downstairs and outside. The yorkie pees in both places though - even upstairs where the AB hasn't been. He's trying to be dominant over the AB but he needs to back down. Any ideas on how I can break him of this?? My normal obedience and commands are not working. He knows better and it's like he's doing it out of spite. He gets PLENTY of attention.... he's spoiled even, so I don't get it. PLEASE HELP!

Asked by Member 827257 on Apr 16th 2009 in House Soiling

Answers

The Yorkie is trying to mark its territory by peeing around.Since he is neutered , but he still does this I believe that it would be better to teach him where to pee, as if he was a puppy,something like doing potty training again.
Also say NO when he pees at places he shouldn't like on the bed or on the couch.Praise him when he goes outside to pee

Diva

let your yorkie dominat the ab,what you do let ab submit to the yorkie so the yorkie thinks his top dog,and that should stop the yorkie from peeing around your place

Diva answered on 4/17/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You might have to neuter the bulldog. And slowly introduce them together as well.
You will have to clean areas with nature's miracle and then back up training. The yorkie has to go into a crate if he is left for any time without all eyes on him. Once hopefully he gets the ideal his peeing is unacceptable, he might stop. He might be marking upstairs out of stress or fear of bulldog coming up. So, wipe out his fears by slowly moving bulldog upstairs, I wouldn't leave them alone together, I would have a crate for each for now.:) I don't think he is doing it out of spite, they don't think like that, he is probaly afraid if he don't mark the bulldog will come. So, try to make them both at ease slowly.