How do I offer a dog to the szhitzhu rescue league?

We have a 12 year old szhitzhu that is still very energitic, great with all kids and house guests, and in good health. However, he likes alot of attention and since our three kids have grown up and left home he spend about 14-18 hours a day in his crate. Taking him to a shelter is not an option because we fear he will be euthanized because he's not a puppy.

He has been a wonderful family pet and we just want to find him a good home with someone that can spend time loving him and giving him lots of attention.

Asked by Member 1124597 on Aug 8th 2012 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

I am absolutely appalled by this! Dogs are "forever", not "until they get old." Poor thing..crated that long. You worry he'll be PTS at a shelter, but don't care enough to fulfill the committment you made to this dog all those years ago. Makes my blood boil.

Your question is full of contradictions that show what a selfish and unthinking human being you are.

Of course a Shih-Tzu wants attention, they were bred for hundreds of years for the sole purpose of giving and receiving attention and affection.

I have no idea why you are crating a senior dog for 14-18 hours a day. If he is so wonderful then YOU step up as a responsible human being and take care of him as you SHOULD.

Dr. Watson

"He has been a wonderful family pet" for TWELVE whole years but now you want to consign him to the dustbin?. He"s given his love to you and you want to turn him out on his ear because he needs "attention?" What on earth does he do that you crate him for such an extreme amount of time? The fact that you feel no sense of duty or loyalty to him after 12 years of his appalls me. Have you no shame?

For his sake, good luck with rescue. And I'm glad the kids are gone because you are setting such a poor example.

Dr. Watson answered on 8/8/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 4 Report this answer