How do I know if my puppy is MDR-1 susceptible?

I am researching the best flea and heart worm prevention medication. While doing my research I came across this article, long story short, I saw that there was something about Australian Shepards and Collies being MDR-1 susceptible breeds. As luck would have it my puppy is a border collie Australian Shepard (and a bunch of other things) mix. What exactly is an MDR-1 susceptible breed and should I be concerned??

Asked by Member 1155930 on Feb 18th 2013 Tagged puppy, heartworm, fleas, medication, mdr in Medications

Answers

You will get a much more comprehensive response to this if you post it in the main forums, on the Health Forum.
More people go there & you can get a dialogue going. In Answers you can only post once, people can respond once.
Good luck

Short answer...blood testing.
Long answer... follow Wiley's advice and post over in the Forums for complete information and recommendations.