how do i keep my dog from breaking the wooden fence?

i have a big 5 y, lab/pit mix and he keeps breaking out the fence!!and im a 13 year old girl and my dad cant buy an electric fence plus i hate those electric things there like animal abuse to mei recently got a small abused dog but im scared my big dog will break the fence and lead my small dog outside making him get stolen or lost,and if your saying buy more fence weeeeeeeell we cant hell just find a way to escape and break it.hes a big dog and capable of breaking our fence ive recently lost one of my dogs beacuse my dog keeps breaking the fence,and also my dog chases cars and he can get raned over.
i love him to much to let him go hes been with me almost my whole life and i coundt bear to loose him.
there was this one man that keeps telling me that hes gonna call the police beacuse my dog is big and scary,
he has bittten one of my family members but only beacuse he was protecting himself(i dont like that little girl she pulls and hits my dog to much)
she only got scratch though not

Asked by Member 1142344 on Nov 26th 2012 Tagged fence, breking, peewee, bigdog, agreesive, bitten, peewee, dog in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

OK I will tone down my language because you are 13, so legally this is your parents' dog. THEY need to do training. He needs to learn boundary training, leave it, & recall. Please look at taking some classes with him, or look at buying a couple of books on positive training.
Electric fences are NOT abuse. Like any tool, you need to use them properly & train your dog.
NEVER make excuses for an aggressive dog. This dog is capable of doing some serious hurt! Protect him from people who are mean to him.
You do not need to invest a lot of money. You can string a hot wire along the bottom where your dog breaks out.
So your solutions are: train your dog, fix your fence. Good luck.

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs

only other thing i would add to the response b4 mine is if he isn't fixed, get him fixed. he will want to wonder less. he could just b breaking out of the yard to find a girlfriend
all the other stuff. yeah get a trainer. the dog is legally your parents responsibility and don't ever make excuses for aggression

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs answered on 11/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Might I add to the previous posts that, until your fence is repaired, you should leash walk your dog in the yard when he goes outside so that he doesn't escape?