How do i keep my dog chewing my bushes

I have a row of bushes in my back yard that my shiba inu loves to chew on ( she keeps ripping the branches off )

Asked by Member 614228 on Mar 29th 2008 in Chewing

Answers

Maybe give him something else to chew. If that doesn't work, I think that there's some doggie-be-gone spray for plants you can get that keeps dogs away...

Flipper

My mom is a dog trainer and behavior specialist, so I asked her. She says:

"The easiest, quick-fix solution would be to put a cheap fence in front of them - this will stop the chewing immediately. But then you need to get your dog into a new habit. Provide her with excellent chew toys (Kong toys stuffed with a mix of dry and canned food, then frozen overnight, are really good), and be sure she is getting plenty of physical and mental exercise."

Hmmmmm, stuffed Kongs! I love 'em! Completely makes me forget about chewing on plants, hoses, flower pots, and everything! - Flip

Flipper answered on 3/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rocky

try spraying with bitter apple

Rocky answered on 3/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Loomis

Bitter Apple might work, but you need to spray the Bitter Apple in your dogs mouth first then spray the bushes. Fencing off the area is really the best idea, you can even use electric wire which is not to expensive and be sure and give her something else to do during the day, chew toys are a great idea.

Loomis answered on 3/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer