Opheila

How do I heal the scratches on my dog?

We just adopted recently and our boy has patches of like mud,fur and scabbing on his elbows.It looks like he had wounds that weren't cleaned and just healed over. There isn't any sign of infection I just think they would disappear if I could clean them properly somehow. He pulled off one of the patches playing the other day and it only bled a few spots. Now that area has almost healed to perfect skin. Any suggestions?

Asked by Opheila on Oct 19th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

I would use warm water and some mild soap. If you have a cone, you could put that on him then use Neosporin on his soars. If you don't have a cone, I wouldn't use the Neosporin. He shouldn't lick it.

I would wash the area(s) well and apply a cream. I personally love to use PETfection Paw Cream on dry spots, elbows, cuts, etc. It heals quickly and helps moisturize when the area becomes too dry. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic; it doesn't contain any chemicals or additives that could make them worse. Plus it will help block out infections from getting in there and getting infected. And if you don't need it now, it is always a wonderful product to have on hand. Hope this helps!