HOW DO I GO ABOUT BREAKING MY 2 YR OLD MALE DOG FROM MARKING IN MY AND OTHERS HOMES

Asked by Member 997759 on Jul 21st 2010 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Lexie

Has he been fixed???? Most of the time when amale marks they have not been fixed. IF you will get him fixed it will stop.

Lexie answered on 7/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

There is no guarantee neutering will solve the problem. Lots of neutered dogs mark, its not just intact males. I used to have this problem with Rickards, I had to use a belly band and I would interrupt him when I caught him doing it and put him outside, but nothing really worked. I was LUCKY neutering has helped him, but I wouldn't expect it to work for all dogs. Some dogs will just keep on marking no matter what.
My advice? Belly band and training or if you want to give it a shot, try neutering him if hes not already.

Best thing, in my opinion, to do is to make sure he goes pee before you let him into the other persons house. Do you have a backyard - what about your friends? Let him roam around there before going in. Make it impossible for him to mark by taking him to the bathroom beforehand. If that doesn't work, then, it's sort of like with housebreaking. When you find him peeing inside - DON'T scold him. Pick him up, put him outside and clean up the mess.