Haze

How do I get my pittie to stop acting out?

I've had my rednose pitbull Haze for a little over a year. Since she's joined my family I haven't been able to find work, so Haze is very used to me always being around. If I go take a shower, she waits outside the door for me, when I sleep she's at my feet, and she always hops in the car whenever I go out. But recently I got a job at a bar and they've been working me a lot. Just about every day since I started. Haze DOES NOT like this, and she makes it known. She has been using the bathroom in the house quite frequently, which I have not had a problem with since I potty trained her. She also chews up my clothes when i take them off after work. And probably worst of all, every day when I'm gone she chews on the walls in my house until there are giant holes. I have my boyfriend watching her while i'm gone but she refuses to behave or listen to him. She's been in the cage an awful lot but so far nothing has changed. I feel guilty, but i'm not sure what to do. Help?

Asked by Haze on Sep 15th 2012 in Separation Anxiety

Answers

I would keep her in the crate while your at work. Maybe you can do something new and fun only on the days you work. A tired dog is a well behaved dog. Good Luck with her.

She is having some sort of seperation aniexty over you not being home all the time, after a full vet exam---crate her with a chew treat she only gets when you go to work!!

Jasmine

It's a good possibility she doesn't like the boyfriend and if there are holes in the walls then I doubt he is paying much attention to her either. Make sure she gets exercise. Take her for a vigorous walk or jog before you leave to help dispel her energy. Keeep her crated when ur not home. Eating walls and fabric can cause intestinal blockage. Find her safe chew toys (rawhide and bones can choke them) a little peanut butter or cookies stuffed in a rubber chew toy like a Kong works well. Nylabone of the appropriate size. Make sure she has water available at all times. Hang a water bottle on the crate. Put some peanutbutter on the nozzle to teach her how to use it. Walk her again when you come home. If the boyfriend won't care for her. Hire a neighbor kid to walk and play with her.

Jasmine answered on 10/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer