How do I get my dog to stop peeing in MY bed.!

I have two dogs named Rocky and Cody. Rocky is a 3 year old rotwriller who sleeps in a kennel in my bedroom. Cody is my 4 year old german sherperd/collie who sleeps in a kennel in the kitchen. I am not sure which dog is peeing in my bed but i want it to stop! I have tired flipping the matress, shutting my door and whipping the area with a wet cloth. Nothing is working! This has been happening for awhile and i have finally had ebough. If anyone has any advise of stop this tell me! I am desprate for help!

Asked by Member 984926 on May 2nd 2010 Tagged peeing, urinating, dog, bed in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

buffy

I had an old dog that as she was dying lost control of her bladder and peed on my bed. My new dog has peed on my bed several times cuz the other dog peeing there give her a scent marker making it an open invitation to pee there. She hasn't done it in a long time but what I did was clean the bed and I mean saturate it with water, tide and viniger; the viniger help neutralize the amonia. So cleaning the bed very very thouroughly is the first step, new bed would be ideal. Make sure your dogs are getting outside enough and for the time being don't let them in their unless u r in there. It would be nice if u could catch them doing it and scold them but if u don't catch them then don't punish them cuz they don't know why u r yelling. other than that u should consult a trainer and work on some behavoir modification.

buffy answered on 5/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Keeping the door shut is the only sure way
He is marking over your scent.
It is a vicious cycle and really prevention is the only way. They can smell the urine that is already there.
Even if you get a new mattress they will mark over your scent as that seems to be the main reason they do it.
I had a female dog that did this to my kids and I can only think it was a pecking order thing.
They had to shut the doors when they left the rooms.

Inger

The reason you keep finding pee spots is because they are both marking their territory. Keep your door shut and buy a new bed, otherwise, they will keep doing it. You can't get the pee scent out with product and a wet cloth. Make sure you praise them when they "potty" outside. They need to know that going outside is safe for them and it's rewarding. It will take a couple weeks but they will catch on.

Inger answered on 5/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Not only would I suggest keeping the bedroom door closed, but I would also move Rocky's kennel out of the bedroom OR move Cody's in there with Rocky. You have two male dogs and both are doing their best to claim you. By keeping one in the room, you are making the other feel more need to mark the bed.