How can i start my own Flyball team?

I have a puppy that shows promising signs of EXELING in Flyball but there are not any teams in my area so i am thinking about starting my own team. I was wondering how i could start that? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You.

Asked by Member 982164 on Jun 8th 2010 in Local Spots & Services

Answers

Ty

If you can find a flyball competition that you can go to. I would go and watch and try to talk to people and see if they can give you advice on how to get started. I am sure most would be happy to talk to you about it. I would also try doing a goodle search and see if there is someplace you can get equipment. There has to be a governing body for flyball also and you can get info from them on how to get started. Hopefully someone that does flyball can give you more information on what to do. Good luck to you.

Ty answered on 6/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hank Nibbler, TFP-I, FM

I'm so glad you are interested in Flyball! We've been playing for years & have competed all over California & Nevada.

First off, I'm assuming that you have checked w/ the flyball locators for both NAFA and U-Fli?

How far away is the closest team to you? My suggestion would be to contact the closest team to you in addition to the NAFA Regional Director for your area & ask for advice starting a team. You may want to think about meeting up w/ a team once a month to learn how to train safely & properly.

While you are doing that there's some prep work you can do.
1) Find a practice space. Ideally it would be about 100 feet long & 20 feet wide. Indoor or outdoor will depend on your location.
2) draw up a list of places that you can look for team members. create flyers & ask around @ other dog training clubs and dog busniesses.

Also, watch every flyball video you can find. Write down notes & questions. Join flyball groups on Facebook & ask a ton of questions.

Good Luck

Hank Nibbler, TFP-I, FM answered on 6/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer