Dob

How can I keep my 5 month old GSD puppy busy..?

I stay in a 2 room house in rent. As I am a professional, I keep busy in my work and so I cannot keep my 5 month old male gsd puppy busy in work. I take him for long walk and play for around 2 hour in the evening in large field. So may anyone please advice me how to keep him busy in the remaining time of the day ?

Again he have lots of toy to play with, but it seems that he plays for half an hour and rest he sleep.

Asked by Dob on Apr 22nd 2012 Tagged germanshepherd, gsd, puppy, play, anoxity in Exercise

Answers

ANOOKs page w/ lil' sister MEI

if you can take him for a walk in the morning it would be great because he could rest peaceful until the evening playtime. my huskies will sleep most of the day if i do that, until the evening that is, good luck

ANOOKs page w/ lil' sister MEI answered on 4/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Carter

some toy stimulates will also help. like kongs,treat balls and femur bones stuffed with peanut butter. if you hide them throughout the house.he will spend some time on the toys. but exercise is very essential in a dog. There are kong recipes that you can find online that it will make him spend a longer time on a kong than just putting peanut butter in it. as well as the femur bone, since they are hollow.

Carter answered on 4/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Also you could give the puppy challenges like put treats in a shoe box and he'll have to open it to get the good stuff. Or just give him a treat toy with frozen peanut butter that will keep him busy. Try these kinds of things to see if they work. My dog Jack is really smart so if I give him a treat in a treat toy he usually gets it out in minutes but I've never tried the peanut butter thing but I've heard it can keep the dog occupied for hours.