Skeeter

how big/tall does a mini aussie get?

just curious....:) I am planning to get a puppy soon and I am quite interested in mini aussies. I would like to know how tall off the ground they get because I am a fan of smaller pups. Answers?

Asked by Skeeter on Dec 6th 2008 Tagged mini, aussie, shepard, australian in Miniature Australian Shepherd

Answers

Chase, CGC

This website should answer all your questions and help determine if a mini aussie is the right dog for you.
www.mascaonline.net

Chase, CGC answered on 12/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kittie Mau Mau

There is no way to really tell how big a true "mini" Aussie will get. I urge you to stay away from the "toy Aussies" and get a Mini if you're set on getting a smaller Aussie.

Kittie is 8 years old and about 13 inches tall at the shoulders.

Kittie Mau Mau answered on 2/4/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Toby

I own a mini Aussie and my father breeds them I'm not sure how tall they get but they can get up to 20lbs my Toby is 11lbs and comes up to the about mid calf and I have stubby legs LOL.anyway there a great breed but they are ment to be working dogs for cow and such so they might want to heard your other animal's. They do love to please so training him shouldn't be to hard. Not all Aussies are friendly to all people they have to warm up to them on there time can't be forced. But they LOVE there owners and will be good guard dogs.

Toby answered on 4/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Peyton

I know you asked this question a few years ago, but my "mini" aussie turned out to be 60 lbs and about 18 inches tall..he's basically a standard aussie with shorter legs.

Peyton answered on 10/18/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer