how big will my maltese be as an adult?

She is 2 pounds and 7 ounces at 12 weeks. can some one help me? I had a yorkie that i was told was going to be 6 pounds the most and she ended up be at least 9 pounds.I don't know much about maltese please help with info.

Asked by Member 530478 on Nov 27th 2007 Tagged weight in Breeds

Answers

Sona

An ideal weight for an adult maltese would be around 5 kilograms. Provided its being fed once a day or twice a day, if it is getting alot of excercise. It can get heavier than that, definately. Depending on how big a portion of meal it is being fed and how much treats it is being offered. Weighing above 6kg would be going towards obesity and that wouldn't be very healthy.

Sona answered on 11/27/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Chloe

I think you were insinuating that based on the parameters given, you would like an estimate on how big your particular puppy would grow?

I remember running across a "growth chart" for shelties before so I was hoping for simular success, (considering Chloe is beyond standard height by far). I ran across this site, (please don't credit me with the credibility of this site by far):

www.adorablemaltese.com

But, at least you can explore online better with these keywords if this chart isn't substancial help.

Best of luck with your little one,
~Chloe

Chloe answered on 11/27/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ace

The breed's average weight is about 4 to 6 lbs (max. should be no more than 7 lbs).

Ace answered on 11/28/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Teddy

Here's a picture of Teddy. He's purebred maltese. He weighs 8 lbs, which is just a little bit over the expected weight of 4-7 lbs. But heck, look at all the hair!

Teddy answered on 12/4/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer