Housetrained puppy peeing in the house right front of me... why?

My puppy is now 7 months old and was almost completely housetrained. When stuck indoors, he would pee on his pee pad indoors, or just wait to go outside. (While I'm at work he stays in the bathroom with his bed and pee pad and toys, so has access to a potty spot if needed.) Recently he's stopped using the pee pad and just waits til I can take him out, so I know he can hold it for quite a while. Recently though, he's started to pee on the floor of my apt at the weirdest times, and usually right in front of me while staring right at me. I have no idea why he's doing this, sometimes it's only a couple hours after he's gone out and he makes no attempt tto get to the pad or even give warning that he's got to go. It seems a bit spiteful most of the time. Why would he be doing this? How can I correct it? I scold him and give him a time out when he does it, but even making a loud noise doesn't seem to deter him from peeing in the house. He's done it about 3 or 4 times in the last month.

Asked by Member 1151973 on Jan 25th 2013 Tagged housetraining, housebreaking, puppy, spite in House Soiling