Close X

hi,my dog is getting her front left leg amputated tomorrow and i was wondering what site do i look on for a look at

prosthetic legs for little dogs,cant afford one at the moment until vet bill and dog heels but wouldnt mind checking that out for my dog.thanks

Asked by Member 1132684 on Sep 26th 2012 in Pet Products

I would contact a teaching hospital near you. If you don't have any, then Tufts, University of Penn or maybe a big medical center like Angell Medical Center might have some information. At the very least, they could give you some contacts. Good Luck!

Kali gave some good resources. I will add...there are many 3 legged dogs that function fabulously without a prosthetic. It takes time to adjust, of course, but once they do, it is like they don't even know they have 3 legs. Sending you positive thoughts and wishes for a good recovery.

I hope your pup heals sad to hear! :(
But as another person has said already, I have seen and met a few dogs who have 3 legs and get along just as if they had 4. Your pup will get the hang of it and will do just fine. But of course it is up to you if you choose a prosthetic for him...just know that he will be ok either way

Mika answered on 9/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer