sky

HI I WANT TO KNOW WAT KIND OF FOOT CAN I GIVE MY HUSKY DOGS THE MALE GAT THINNER AFTER THE FEMALE GOT HER BABIES

Asked by sky on Oct 28th 2009 in Siberian Husky

Answers

Fritz

Hi, I don't know what kinds of foods are available in South Africa.

If you are using kibble look for something meat based that has a named meat and/or meat meal in the 1st 5 ingredients. No corn, no byproducts, no animal digest. If that isn't available you might try a raw diet or a home cooked diet. We have great forums here for both.

To help your dog put on weight, make sure he is getting enough attention, make sure he doesn't have worms or other physical problem and then feed him more.

If he won't eat a lot at once, try a lot of small meals or adding a topper such as cooked meat, good quality canned etc to make the food more tempting.
Posting in the food and nutrition section would be a good idea; you would get a lot of answers and could ask questions since people can post more than once.

Good luck

Fritz answered on 10/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Pamela       -    Adopted!!!!

Separate the dogs for feeding. And feed the female as much as she needs. A lactating female need 3 times more food than normal. I suspect he is letting her eat most of his food. She may not be giving him much choice!

Pamela - Adopted!!!! answered on 10/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer