Hi I am rearing 2 pups that are 2 days old one is very week and when I feed her she's not drinking very well, and a coup

Hi I am rearing 2 pups that are 2 days old one is very week and when I feed her she's not drinking very well, and a couple of times bubbles of milk was comming out of her nose. And I can't get to a vet due to the flood waters. What do I do?

Asked by Member 1157620 on Mar 2nd 2013 in Puppies

Answers

Call the vet

Right off the top, keeping them warm, a mimimum of 90 degrees for the first week, is essential when raising puppies, especially ones without a mother. A chilled puppy cannot digest food and it will sour in her stomach. Also, I would hope you are using a puppy formula and not regular cows milk as puppies do not digest that well AND it doesn't provide the proper nutrition for baby puppies.
I agree with the previous poster, a call to your vet is the best bet!

Molly

Call a reliable different local vet for backup. She may need medical help and dehydration can kill a newborn puppy. Do not leave her alone and keep a close eye on her. Do not let the other puppy stress her out. From there, follow what the vet tells you to do. If the vet says you need to bring her in, waste no time getting her there. Puppies usually do not do this.
Hope this helps!

Molly answered on 3/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer