Hi I am getting a Newfoundland puppy what is the best food for him

Hi I like to know what is the best dry food to feed my newfoundland puppy

Asked by Member 1149360 on Jan 11th 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Probably a large breed puppy food.

dogfoodanalysis.com

dogfoodadvisor.com

Yes..make sure you feed a Large Breed Puppy food. Look at the calcium & phosphorous levels. Calcium should be 1.5% or less, & 1.2% or less. This will ensure steady, even growth. Higher levels of either can lead to rapid growth, which is nt what you want in a large breed.

You will need a large breed puppy food. But first you will need to purchase some of the dog food that he or she was eating and slowly switch from that dog food to the new one or he or she will probably get sick. adding one fourth new and three fourths old and so on and so on till you get to about one eighths old and seven eighths new then you can switch over completely. Hope that helps and good luck with your new puppy!

I think the best thing to start him off with is the food the breeder was giving him. This will make the adjustment a but easier for him. After that. You can start looking for different foods. I have used the Nutro brand foods for my dogs. And u know they have a large breed formula. Nutro uses no by products or fillers . My show dogs look very nice on it

Merrick is a great food to feed, learn more about Merrick at www.merrickpetcare.com

Merrick has a selection of grain free dog foods. This is a plus for any dog because dog's don't need grains in their diets.

Merrick is one of the best dog foods that you can feed to your dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one to feed to your dog.