hi everybody , plzzzzzz i need help with my question , i want to know if my puppy is purebred GSD or mix with belgian ?

hi guys , plzzzz i need help with my issue , i bought a 48 days old GSD puppy , now he is 70 days old , my dog's vet has been telling me that he is a german shepherd/ belgian shepherd mix !! , so plz i need to know if the vet is right ,and i don't want you people to worry , that's my dog , whatever his breed , he'll always be my sweetheart till the last day in our both lives , so don't be -in anyway - biased in ur answers , i just need to know what's his breed
here is a clear image for jack :
imageshack.us
and here are his mom & dad photos (as the breeder says)
sire :
www.pedigreedatabase.com
dam:
www.pedigreedatabase.com
waiting for ur reply ! <3

Asked by Member 1142736 on Nov 29th 2012 Tagged jackbreedgermanshepherdbelgiangsdpuppypurebredmix in Breeds

Answers

If those are indeed his parents, then he is purebred gsd. Just has a long coat..doesn't mean there's any Belgian in there. Shame on your vet for telling you that he is not purebred. As I said in your other question..at that young age you can't make that kind of statement.
I do still worry about those missed weeks with his dam & siblings, but you have him now..so train, train, train...short, sweet, positive sessions throughout the day. Socialize him extensively now with dogs you know are up to date on shots, & when Jack is fully immunized..follow the "100 people, 100 dogs, 100 places" rule to solidify his socialization.

I'm with Wiley.
Your pup has a longer coat like his Momma.
His coat color may change as me matures to look more like Mom or a Typical saddle like his Dad.
Tell the Vet to stuff it.

I gather this was an OOPS litter as neither parent is old enough and not OFA certified yet.
No matter, your pup is lovely.

I worked for a GSD breeder for over 20 years at a breeding/showing kennel and I would be hard pressed to tell if ANY 2 1/2 month old GSD puppy was purebred or mixed with a Belgian shepherd!!! I am sure your vet is even LESS experienced to be able to tell the difference!!!
That said, there are many people who believe the age old myth that if a GSD has long coat it is mixed with a Belgian shepherd. NOT SO!! It IS a myth and many regular German Shepherd lines carry the long coat gene. As for color, he appears to be a black and red. Remember, a GSD gets lighter with each coat shed so he is not now anywhere near the color he will end up being.

Your dog is a Purebreed German Shepherd hun.

Seth

If you want to be sure, you can have a test done tofind out. Petsmart sells a DNA type test that you can buy and then send in. From there she do the test and send it in for results. I think the cost for everything is close to $100. He looks purebreed to me but if you need to be 100% sure , this is one way to tell.

Seth answered on 11/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Like Wiley said, if that's the parents then your dog is purebred.