Bella

help with belly bump after being spayed

my puppy was fixed 4 days ago and when i was finally able to rub her belly i noticed a lump. it isnot right under her stitches but of to the side i cant tell if its soft due to it bein to close to her stitches.it doesnt seem to hurt her and thou she still acts a little weird shes comin around. i am wondering if this is normal due to her surgery or somethin else.this lump is only on the one side to the other side of her stitches seem fine. olease help???

Asked by Bella on Jul 26th 2008 Tagged poms, spayed in Spaying & Neutering

Best Answer

Penny

My puppy had the same problem, she was just spayed last Friday. She had a long lump right to one side of her suture. I took her in to the vet because I thought it was a hernia too, but when I brought her in & they explained that she has stitches inside too, to stitch her muscles inside back together. So, the swelling was from those stitches being irritated & a little swollen. They told me to hold a cloth soaked in warm/hot water against her belly for about 10 minutes twice a day. This would help reduce the irritation. The swelling went down just a couple days after that.

Penny answered on Jul 27th.

Answers

Hmmm...
I would ask the vet about it.
Thanks for doing some good for the dog world by spaying your dog!

I would take Bella in and have your vet check it out. It sounds like it could possibly be a little hernia, which may have been pre-existing or which may have happened during the spay surgery.